Proudly serving the community of Wolcott, Indiana since 1923
History of the Wolcott Community Public Library
The library first opened above the Peoples Co-Operative store in 1923. It first served the town residents of Wolcott until 1953 when Princeton Township merged with the town. In 1960, the library was able to move into the former location of the Bank of Wolcott at West Market Street. In 1981 a lot was purchased with the groundbreaking held on May 5, 1983. In 2021 the library added an additional 2,117 square feet to the south side of the building, adding a program room and an archive room.
The library has been serving patrons at our present location since March 1984. We currently serve over 1,000 residents from the three townships. Our collection has grown to house over 25,000 books, 1,000 DVD materials, 500 audios, and 27 different periodicals. We circulated 13,000 materials in 2019, including e-books.
Presently we have 2 Internet computers and 1 laptop for patron use.
WI-FI is available for patrons to use. Patrons must have the password to connect during open hours.
WCPL Board of Trustees
Matt Hall: President
Morgan Gretencord: Vice President
Jenna Demerly: Treasurer
Wendy Hancock: Secretary
The WCPL Board meets the second Tuesday of the month at 7:30 PM.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Wolcott Community Public Library is to serve the community by inspiring the lifelong love of reading and learning. The library strives to offer access to varied collections, stimulating programs, provide current technology needs, and a responsive staff in a welcoming environment. Our vision is to strengthen community, develop relationships and encourage collaboration.
Meet Our Staff